Saturday, December 18, 2010

Samantha Starts Kindergarten

I cannot believe that I have a Kindergartner. When did this happen? Wasn't she just born? Geez.

Sam was so excited to start school. And not just any school, but "mommy's school." Yep, she's at school with me. We made the decision to bring her to Merced for several reasons. One: it is a good school (and I'm not just saying that because I work there). Two: I can be in contact with her teacher and be more connected to what is going on with her education. Three: I can get someone to cover my class so I can attend some of the special events held at the school for Sam. Four: I don't have to pay for daycare (yippee), and Five: I really did not want to be away from Sam (this one is purely selfish, I am aware).

We have got to work on that cheesy smile.

Before I started my day with my students, I took Sam to cafeteria to meet her class and to have a parent orientation. Of course, I had to get my students, so Jason came for the orientation. When it was over and the kids were lining up, Samantha ran to her teacher, whispered something to her, ran back to Jason and said, "Daddy, you are not allowed to come in my classroom." She was not about to be "that kid" whose parent follows her to class.



1 comment:

Kjelstrom Family said...

kindergarten?? Whoa! I can't believe Sam is old enough! I love all of the posts. Rory is getting so very big. Your girls are just darling. Merry Christmas!