Admittedly so, we did not do anything big for Rory's first birthday. A bit sad, yes, but she did get pumpkin pie with a candle in it (what could a girl want more??)
She did take a few bites of pie, but decided it was not for her. She just wanted to get out of the highchair to play.
One year with Rory has been an absolute dream. We all love her to pieces. She's easy-going, a great eater, and has a fun personality. She loves her big sister so much. Rory follows Sam around and does her best to get Sam's attention whenever possible. Rory is not walking totally on her own yet, she has taken several steps (Thanksgiving Day was the first where she walked across the O'Neil's living room all by herself), but she prefers to hold onto our fingers when walking. Secretly, I have to admit that I love that she took her first steps in front of me. Being a working mom, I miss a lot, and having her do that on my day off made me very, very happy.
She eats like a champ, and this is a big deal around my household, since Sam eats next to nothing. Literally. Some of the foods she enjoys are spinach dip with bread, bbq flank steak, beans, beef jerky, potato chips, potatoes, rice, chicken pot pie, and anything sweet.
As for her sleeping...well...let's just say she's a work in progress. She doesn't nap consistently, and doesn't sleep through the night consistently, which makes for very tired parents. She does battle with congestion, so we do all we can to clean her out before bed and have the humidifier going each night. I don't know what it is. I think it's because I prayed (literally) for a good eater when I was pregnant with Rory, and that's what I got. I know for next time to pray for BOTH a good eater and sleeper.
We feel so blessed to have Rory in our lives. She adds a new dimension to our family that we would never dream of giving back. She is loved by all her know her. She is a great snuggler (especially with Grandpa...who is wrapped around her cute, chubby, finger), and we can't wait for her to start walking on her own (and neither can our backs!)
She eats like a champ, and this is a big deal around my household, since Sam eats next to nothing. Literally. Some of the foods she enjoys are spinach dip with bread, bbq flank steak, beans, beef jerky, potato chips, potatoes, rice, chicken pot pie, and anything sweet.
As for her sleeping...well...let's just say she's a work in progress. She doesn't nap consistently, and doesn't sleep through the night consistently, which makes for very tired parents. She does battle with congestion, so we do all we can to clean her out before bed and have the humidifier going each night. I don't know what it is. I think it's because I prayed (literally) for a good eater when I was pregnant with Rory, and that's what I got. I know for next time to pray for BOTH a good eater and sleeper.
We feel so blessed to have Rory in our lives. She adds a new dimension to our family that we would never dream of giving back. She is loved by all her know her. She is a great snuggler (especially with Grandpa...who is wrapped around her cute, chubby, finger), and we can't wait for her to start walking on her own (and neither can our backs!)
3 comments:
Rory is already ONE!!!!!!! I cannot believe it!!!!! It feels like you just had her. Love the pictures.
How the H do you know that she like BBQed Flank Steak? Seriously. I need to give Logan more food. Ugh
Wow, a child that eats! That's awesome. Neither of my girls eat either... what's up with that? I like to eat, why don't they? They's get a long great with Sam. :)
Rory is so cute!
Post a Comment