Saturday, December 18, 2010

Sam Turns 5

Samantha had a Hello Kitty birthday party this year. My friend took me down to LA in the Toy District and I found some really good deals!
We made a bow-shaped cupcake display.
Sam was so happy to have her best friends and cousins there.


My brother, Matt, just happened to be in town with his kids, so that was an unexpected surprise!

Hello Kitty before...

and after...

I would like to touch on a few Samantha-related things. Samantha is full of life and energy! She is spunky and stubborn, but also very sensitive to emotion. She loves playing with her cousins and friends, but still has a hard time sharing at times. She is doing well in school, but will most likely repeat Kindergarten. What she lacks in fine-motor skills, she sure makes up for in socializing and personality! She still writes her "S" backwards in her name, which is totally age appropriate. But, when I asked her why she does it, she said, "I like the way it looks." I told this to her teacher and now we work a little bit harder on getting her to form her S correctly. Samantha loooooves Rory and upon seeing Rory after she wakes up says (arms stretched out with big cheesy grin on her face), "Ohhhhh, Rory is awake! Come here to sister, Rory-kins. Let me see you! Let me give you a kiss! Did you have a good nap? Ohhhhh....." Rory wants to be anywhere Samantha is. She is such a good big sister. She encourages Rory to walk, claps for her when she accomplishes a new "trick" and warns Rory of danger....particularly eating something she shouldn't. We love Sam to pieces and crack up with what comes out of her mouth. She is stubborn and knows what she wants. If she can channel that stubbornness in the right direction, I think she can move mountains in her life. She is often heard saying at random times, "I love you momma" and then proceeds to look into my eyes, giving me a squeeze and a kiss. I look at her and thank Heavenly Father above for giving me such a beautiful, smart little girl to raise with Jason. We love Samantha too much!

No comments: