Monday, October 6, 2008

Vegas Spontaneous and Early Birthday

My sister-in-law, Kristine, called me Friday morning to say they had decided, were packed, and were on the road to visit my parents in Vegas (all within 30 minutes of this decision). They invited us to join them, if we wanted. I made arrangements and we left Friday afternoon to spend a short time with my parents. We had a great time. We played Rock Band...even Sam! She loved playing the drums and was really getting into it. Before a song started she would say, "Ready to Rock!" Other than that, we just hung out, watched conference and played Ticket to Ride. I lost miserably because my mom cut into my route twice and Kristine did it to me once (thanks a lot!) but it was still fun.

The only way I could get Samantha into the car and leave my parents was that I promised her she could play with her cousins. As soon as we walked by my brother's door the girls were there and Sam was asking for them to come play. Sam had received her birthday package from my parents that weekend and it had princess stickers on the box so she had to open them. Even though her birthday is not until Wednesday, we let her open the gifts early. Her cousins helped her and enjoyed trying on Sam's new Cinderella light-up shoes. The yellow Belle dress is another of my mom's creations. So cute!!


Could these two below be sisters?

3 comments:

Rees Family said...

Oh my gosh. For a second I thought that it was Sam in the yellow dress. I was freaking out and how long her hair was and how big she was. I must be losing my mind. They do look very similar though. Crazy. Glad you had a good trip. I'll send the bracelet. I promise.

just jen said...

samantha's hair is so long! i can't believe it!

Kjelstrom Family said...

Happy Birthday to Sam! That sounds like a fun trip to Las Vegas. You are so spontaneous and fun! I absolutely LOVE rock band. I am terrible at the drums...but, Sam looks like a pro. It was fun seeing you at the broadcast. We will have to get together for your birthday later this month if you are up for it. :)