Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Week of Fun for Sam

Sam had a lot of fun this week celebrating her third birthday. It started with getting presents from Grandma and Grandpa that she opened on Sunday, then Tuesday, with Nana and Pop come over with more presents. On Friday, we had a party for her at school (it was also her last day..so sad!). She loved being sang to, and she joined in as well. The teachers did not realize it, but they bought a trick candle so poor Sam blew the candle out several times before we all realized what was going on. She loved it though.


Her princess party with her friends was yesterday. My mom made a cute Cinderella dress for her, but she was in tears when I was putting it on her...it is a bit scratchy. So, I brought out a tinkerbell outfit that Nana and Pop got for her; more tears followed. What she really wanted was to wear her ratty princess nightgown. (You can see this nightgown in many, many pictures throughout the blog because Sam loves it so much...but I was not about to let her wear that to her party!!!) So, I was able to compromise with wearing her easter dress from last year, which is her second runner-up to her nightgown. I put her hair in an updo, and she was ready to greet her princess guests. She had such a fun time! All the girls were so cooperative in playing the games, and coming to the table for cookie wand decorating, snacks, and cupcakes. They all had such a great time, and not one temper tantrum too boot!

Sam ate about half the sprinkles and other decorating stuff, while the other half did make it to the surface of the cookie.

Pin the Crown on the Princess. Cinderella was little tall, but the girls liked trying to reach it.

The only non-princess related activity was putting crazy face stickers 0n balloons. They came with the helium tank and I think they are pretty funny.
Pink cupcakes, of course. Samantha sang with us and she blew out the candles with no problem! What a pro!

All the princesses. I think maybe three of them actually ate the cupcake while the others just licked the frosting off. And, Sam, she just ate the candy flower off the top!

She, and the other girls crowed tightly around her, loved watching what presents were being opened. Of course, within the next 20 minutes, all the presents had been opened and the girls were having a great time breaking them in.

Two of the nine princesses at the party. So cute!

4 comments:

just jen said...

princess parties are the best. are those the strawberry cupcakes you made before?

i wish i could have been there!

Dave and Loralee said...

awesome party...Happy Birthday Sam! I loved all the pictures in the previous post-she was SUCH a cute little chubbo baby and she is STILL so so cute!

Lisa Miller said...

She's getting cuter and cuter. Looks like fun birthday celebrations. I wonder if her slacker Aunt Janna got her a present. heehee! JK!!

Caprene said...

I'm not sure if you've decided to celebrate your birthday with a princess party as well? I didn't hear mention of whether your mom made princess dresses for granddaughters only, or if she made them for her daughters as well? But I am sure Jason and Samantha are treating you like a queen today. Hope you are enjoying the day!