So, I decided that I needed a little help with the housework around here, so I enlisted this girl. She's cheap labor and doesn't mind doing dirty work! (she actually asked to help, and we washed her hands thoroughly after this)
My nieces were over the other day playing with Sam. They brought over a Barbie movie and the two-year olds wanted to watch it. They plopped themselves on the floor next to each other and struck a pose. After I took this picture they ran over to the camera and said, "picture...again!" I took several more, but they were on to my game and they did not turn out as well because they were too excited to look at their picture to sit still while having it done. Sam was so excited to have her cousins over. Every time we walk by their door she asks to play with them.
Other than that, we are gearing up for Samantha's third birthday. She will be ending her time at BELI (her preschool/behavioral center) and transitioning to the umbrella of the school district to continue her speech therapy. Her IEP is on her birthday, so we will find out exactly what she qualifies for. I doubt she will qualify for school anymore. Socially she does so well so they don't see it as a need, but I really hope she can be in speech for at least a few more months. She has improved so much and most of the time uses 3 word sentences. She is even imitating, which before, when we would prompt her to say something she would just stare at us like "I'm not a parrot...what's your problem?" She's even gotten to the point where she is copying things that she shouldn't say. She came to me the other day and said, "stupid boy." What?! Stupid?! Did she pick that up on Spongebob (which she loves, but I hate) or something? My 8 year old niece quickly told me that word is not found on Spongebob and then I remembered that she uses that word around Sam...she did not want to take credit for teaching Sam THAT word! But also, I said "Oh, crap!" Which she proceeded to copy. Oops! I am even a culprit. I've got to watch my mouth now that my daughter actually talks. The pros and cons of a communicative child! :)
8 comments:
So cute and fun that Sam is talking more. She's just adorable. I also love your posts.
Jeanette - So my whole family will be at my grandparents this coming weekend. If you are in town, your fam (and Todd's fam and whoever is in the area from your side) are invited Saturday the 4th at 11am. My brother Tim and his girlfriend Katie are expecting a little girl, Isabella Caprene, in January, and we are throwing them a family shower/luncheon at my grandparents house. I know, I know, it's during conference - we're such heathens. But we'd love to see you if you are around. (and the deleted message, that was mine - i saw a typo, i just need to send this and close it before I see more...)
So I had no idea she had any speech issues. how do you get ahold of someone for testing like that? Emma has always struggled some with speech and now I'm also wonde3ring if there's some dyslexia. Then again, she's just learning to write words so I can't judge quite yet. That's probably the crappy part about being the first child. Poor girl.
I hear ya on the copying what you say thing. I'm just waiting for Brooklyn to say "oh crap" or worse. (She would get worse from her father....yeah right) I'm sure Sam will still qualify for speech. If not, just pitch a big fit and they should give it to you. She is adorable and is getting cuter and bigger every day. I'm still working on Craig for a weekend getaway.
She is just adorable.
I'm commenting on the comment you left in my blog because I can't figure out if you will get it or not. You asked about D&B...the games are expensive. They give you a card and you just add money to it. I can easily spend $20 in a few minutes playing the games I like. I think it's pricey, but we don't go much so it's worth it for some "adult" games (not chuck e cheese). Not that they are adult x-rated. Ok I'd better stop. Anyway, have fun if you go. Let me know what you think.
What a cutie!! I love the pic of her cleaning the toilet. Too bad she probably won't be so willing in 10 years!!
Post a Comment