Friday, June 6, 2008

Mindy's Baby Shower




The shower was almost a week ago and I am just posting about it now. It went well...I made too much food (as always). I'm always nervous that there won't be enough and people will go home hungry. I made chicken salad (not the kind that is super mayo-ey, a really refreshing one that tastes yummy...thanks Donna Ellis), fruit salad, cheese, crackers, and cookies. I made the cupcakes from scratch and was a little disappointed with them. The frosting was really hard to pipe onto the cupcake...it was really a more "spreadable"type. They were a recipe from the yummy Sprinkles cupcake place in Beverly Hills. Ya, I should have just ordered them instead...but I didn't want to spend 36 bucks for only 12 cupcakes. The people who ate them said they were delicious and really they were good...but I was hoping for scrumptious. Mindy got some cute gifts and I outfitted her with the diaper bag she wanted from Skip Hop and all the stuff inside so that it is a fully ready to go bag. She has the cutest little baby bump...she's so cute prego. She will be moving to Colorado in a couple of weeks and I'm REALLY sad!!! So many of my besties have moved or will be moving...ummm, thanks Jennifer and Jenni, so it makes me really sad to keep losing these people that I am used to seeing on a daily basis (except for Jennifer...you think I would get used to you not being around since you have not lived in Pasadena for how many years? I don't think I'll ever get over that). Needless to say, I am going to miss Mindy like crazy (we've been friends since the 7th grade) and it will kill me that I won't be able to be there when her baby is born and be able to help her through all the crazy times with a newborn. Yes, she will have her boyfriend there, but she has been so helpful to me with Samantha over the past two and half years...she's the best auntie Sam could ask for! Before I start to cry (because I'm emotional like that) I just want to say that I love Mindy and she is going to be a great mom!!! The pictures are a bit dark because there was no direct sunlight and I'm still not a very good photographer with my fun camera. I really need to take some "how-to" classes because Laura, Kristine, and Jenni make me jealous with their mad skills!

3 comments:

Rees Family said...

You totally oudid yourself on that shower. Everything looks beautiful and the food looks so yummy. I know you claim that your cupcakes were not as fabulous as you would have hoped....oh please...I'm sure they were amazing. I could really use some of that chicken salad right now. The decorations were so cute and it looked like you put a lot of work into making it really special for Mindy. She looks great, by the way. Tell her I say 'hello' and I think that she looks really good for being as far along as she is.
Thanks for all of the shout outs. I miss living near you. I would give anything for you guys to move here, but I gave up on that possibility long ago. I think Jason is just not into all this sunshine and heat. Plus, he probably thinks I would put you guys into bankruptsy with all the shopping we would do together. I just hope you know how much I appreciate you making the effort to come out here and see me so often. I know that it is totally my turn to come out there. I'm going to...soon...I promise. I'm so excited for July though.
Love ya.

just jen said...

everything looks beautiful...

you went the extra mile, and i hope mindi appreciates all the hard work you put into it.

why didn't i get a cupcake, huh?

Jen said...

I love that little baby banner. I will have to keep that one on file for someday. You never know when you'll need to throw another baby shower.