Friday, May 30, 2008

Crazy Med Student

As the years have gone by in Apartment Hell, we've had our fair share of noise coming through walls at all hours of the night. At Wyview in Provo the walls were just WAY too thin: noise from alarm clocks would not just wake up the residents that WANTED to wake up, but anyone in the vicinity that did NOT want to wake up early. Also, other noises that should only be reserved for the husband and wife experiencing them! In the 1st Alhambra apartment, normal noises like the vacuum and baby sounds were made at acceptable hours, but the neighbors in the townhouse next to us thought that it was so fun to drive his big soft-topped Jeep Wrangler on his lawn, leave his even louder Mexican Polka music on, and walk into his home...leaving the music on for the the whole neighborhood to hear. After a couple of calls to the police (ya, I'm one of THOSE people) he stopped doing that. But lest I forget the drunken conversations heard by me in the middle of night, having to have Jason go over and say, "My wife is pregnant and has to wake up in the morning early for work and you guys are talking super loud!" They got the hint....kind of. Our other apartment, in Rosemead, was actually very quiet and my favorite apartment by far...why didn't we stay there?????? That brings me to our current apartment...another one in Alhambra. I love living next to my brother; it's nice to see him and his family more often. But, our neighbors below love to play their war video games really loud. I don't mind it so much because by 10:30 they turn it off. I wish the neighbors above us were as considerate. Jason has had to go up to their apartment months ago and ask them to turn down their music that was blasting at midnight. They just moved in and did not realize that the sound traveled so much. They were nice enough to turn it down. You would think that college educated girls would figure that if we could hear music, we could also hear a lot of OTHER things. NOPE. Hammering late into the night, more music, a few sexual encounters, a really big fight between what we can only assume was one of the men from one of the previous mentioned encounter, and latest last night....Love Line on KROQ at 11:00pm-12:00am. Don't get me wrong, I like DJ Striker when he is on Ellen at 4:00 in the afternoon, but I do not want to hear him late at night talking to a girl named Crystal calling about some problem with her mom. (yep, I could hear through the ceiling the name of the caller, what she was calling about, and that the tenant was listening to Love Line) Jason went up to ask if they would turn it down. He knocked and rang the doorbell several times. Finally after about 15 minutes, he knocked REALLY loud and the girl opens her window and shouts, "I'm not opening my door to a mad man!" Jason, who steps away from the door every time he knocks so she can see that he not trying to be aggressive, says, "No, it's just that your radio is really loud. Could you turn it down?" She said, "I'm not going to turn it off. I will turn it off at midnight, and that is not an unreasonable hour. I am taking my board exams and I will not turn off my music for a man who is trying to forcibly enter my apartment!" Jason replied, "No, I don't want to get inside, I was just hoping to have a little consideration." To which she replied that she had called the police on my husband. (lier!) Jason came back down convinced that she is either a crazy person with mental problems, or she is high on red bull trying to pass these exams she has coming up. Either way, I was pissed sitting in my living room "waiting it out" at the mercy of the lame girl sitting upstairs studying while listening to a radio show that gives out sex advice. Why should I have to be at her mercy? I called our landlord this morning, and she informed me that the girl was moving out this weekend. I'm excited, to say the least. However, for some reason, I want this girl to know what a jerk she is. I want the landlord to tell her that what she did was unacceptable. I want her to know that what she said to my husband was crazy and that she is not willing to consider others feelings in relation to her actions. I so want to write her a letter saying all the things about I feel. I want to tell her that everyones life is hard, but we have to think of others, even when things get tough. And that she needs to realize that it is not fair to play music that late when it specifically states so in the contract of our rental agreement. I should have called the cops....that's what the landlord said. Well, next time, if there is one, I'm calling! So annoying. And, now I'm tired, and I have to cook for a baby shower tomorrow. Jason is at work and I have to prep at his parents house with Samantha by myself. Let's hope I can get it all done today.

5 comments:

Rees Family said...

Holy crap that was a long post. I'm so sorry that you have retarded neighbors that have no respect for others. She is probably upstairs sleeping right now. I would start taking the broom and knocking the ceiling with it. So mature. I know. It's high time you guys moved out here and got a house. No neighbors above or below and next door is atleast 20 feet away. Come come. I hope you are taking a nap and not cooking too much. You atleast need a vacation. AZ? June 3rd? O.k., that's the last time I'm going to mention it. Don't feel guilty if I'm sitting alone in my living room, crying, because no one came to my party.
:(

The Hyer Family said...

Wow...I'd forgotten about apartment hell...but reading your post brought it all stormin' back, and I DO NOT MISS IT! Reading through your post made me remember all of our loud neighbors in years past...sucks...well, this house is still available as of today...no shared walls!

Brooke Morgan said...

How awful. I hope you'll have fun at the baby shower tonight to make up for the horrible night you had last night!

Jami said...

I so don't miss apartment dwelling days. If that cooking was for my party, thank you! If not, I was so glad you came with or without food! I so love your funny personality. I think you should go on vacation to Arizona. You deserve a break from bratty neighbors!

just jen said...

dumb dumb girl!

i hope she is gone by now...