Monday, April 28, 2008

Art and Birthday

Jason and I had a chance to go see an Art exhibit over the weekend. Samantha spent some time with her Nana and Pop so that we could go by ourselves. The show was in Santa Monica at the Lora Schlesinger Gallery . It was amazing! Adonna received her Master's in Art from Cal State Long Beach. Anyone who sees her work can clearly tell that she is a talented and imaginative artists. She draws animals in a way that is totally unexpected. Here is a link to the gallery website...check out her stuff!
http://www.loraschlesinger.com/khare_thread.html (you may need to cut and paste ) Janna's family is turtle sitting for awhile. This is George. Sam did not actually know that the thing she was playing with actually is a living thing! After he started walking across the yard, she figured it out, but was still unafraid to get super close to George's face.


We were in Bakersfield for cousin Davin's birthday party. Samantha helped Davin with a couple of her presents. And, yes, Samantha is wearing a princess nightgown. I was organizing her clothes...putting away ones that were too small, and getting out new ones that now fit her. This princess nightgown was one of the items from the "toddler" sized clothing. Of course, it matters not that it is a size 6, and she is a size 2T/3T. She saw me pull it out and she had to have it on...all day long!!! The sleeve was falling off of her, but she refused to take it off. When I got her into her actual pajamas I hid the nightgown. I'm sure she will find it again and want to wear it. It does not bother me that much...the cute factor outweighs the embarrassment. Her cheeks are totally bright pink (she DOES belong to me!) because she kept going outside to play in the backyard. If you know Bakersfield, you know that it is HOT!!!! Fortunately for us, Maryn was out there to help watch Sam. Jason and I did not want to be outside sweating! Thanks Maryn!!! Samantha loves you! (as do I and your uncle)

2 comments:

peter5 said...

Cute girl. I loved that she wasn't afraid of George. He is so cool. Thanks for coming and hanging out. Hope the drive home and transfer went well.

Maryann said...

Samantha looks adorable in her princess nightgown. She and Kimberlee are a lot alike. Kimberlee loves to wear her nightgowns all day and night. I think we are going to have to buy a few more.