Saturday, April 5, 2008

I forgot Easter!

In all my traveling I forgot to post about Easter! So, Jennifer, stop harassing me about not posting...you get three in one day! Easter was very nice...most of the day. Sunday was fine...although we were so late there was no room in the Chapel so we had to sit in the lobby where one of the outside walls was infested with termites!!! You could see them on the wall. So, that was really nasty sitting listening to beautifully prepared talks while trying not to look at the termite wall. After church we went up to Jason's parents house where Janna, Justin and the kids were. Samantha loved hunting for eggs. After the hunt, and eating candy (which was given to us by Bunny Janna...thank you!!!), Samantha had a melt down. Jason put her to bed, where she slept for a short period of time. She slept just long enough for Jason and I to eat. Well, she went to bed p.o.ed and woke up the same! After about an hour of fussiness, tantrums, and screaming...we left. We did not even wait for cake and homemade strawberry-banana ice cream. SO BUMMED! I was pretty embarrassed to have to leave so abruptly, but as soon as we got in the car, Sam calmed down and we had a nice evening at home. You will see in the slide show that Samantha is wearing a blue dress. This is her Easter dress, and I love it. Samantha looks totally disheveled because these were taken after we got home from her meltdown. She insisted that she put her Easter dress back on as soon as she got home. I did not get any cute pics of her all nice and clean before church, so the only ones I've got make her look like Raggedy Ann. She also wanted to put on the dress after her bath. Which, me being me, totally let her because I thought it was funny. While wearing her dress she would sit down and let all the layers form around her on the floor. She thinks that is really great! Too cute!

4 comments:

Cristian & Suzanne Tomasetti said...

fantastic pictures of Samantha ... we miss you guys a ton


Cristian

Andrea said...

Hey, I miss you!! We're leaving for Arizona to visit family and friends tomorrow...so, when we get back we have to get together.

Love the pics of Samantha:)

Andrea said...

Forgot to mention how impressed I am with your slide shows(love it). You're getting FANCY:)

peter5 said...

Never be embarrassed about meltdowns, it comes with the territory. Just never let her know they get to you. I absolutely love the pic of Conner and Samantha walking up the street. CUTE CUTE CUTE