So, this weekend was far too long for me. Jason was out of town in Seattle since Thursday visiting an aunt that is dying of cancer. It's a really sad story that keeps getting more complicated...family issues never seem to be simple. Anyway, he and his siblings had the opportunity to visit their Aunt and say their goodbyes, while also giving support to their cousins. I was very happy that Jason was able to go, but I hate it when he leaves. Usually, he is home alone when Sam and I go visit Jenn in Arizona, or my parents in Henderson. He always tells me how hard it is when we are not around, and I never really understood what he was saying...until this weekend. I realize how much I depend on him. I am an independent woman that is fairly self-sufficient, but it's the emotional support that I missed the most. Lying in bed alone was the worst. Last night, each time I was on the verge of falling asleep, something, anything, would drive my eyelids open in the dark of my room. I checked on Sam more times than was necessary, as well as the whole apartment. It was sooooo frustrating. Needless to say, I finally fell asleep in the early hours of the morning and fortunately, Sam slept in...which I like, but it made me late for church (so that wasn't good).
I even tried to take advantage of the time Jason was away. I rented chick flicks to watch (which I cried watching both...I am way too emotional late at night with happy endings) and a Barbie movie for Sam...totally girlie. We did have fun just being girls....but I missed Jason more than I thought. I texted him throughout the day, and he was nice enough to humor me with details of his trip to Washington.
Not to carry on any longer, I am so grateful he is home. It always feels better when he is around. Mushy, mushy, mushy...I get that way about the ones I love.
4 comments:
I am the same way when Matt is gone. I had Kimberlee sleep in with me so I wouldn't be all alone. Glad Jason is back.
I TOTALLY understand!!! Craig never travels, but on the rare occasion that he has to do an overnighter, I'm a total wreck. I have to sleep with every light on in the house AND the t.v. on for sound. I HATE being alone. I do feel safer though with my kids around. Crazy? I know. I just like having the company and the distraction. I'm glad he had a good trip and is home safe and sound.
Sorry to hear about Jason's aunt. I completely understand. Glad he's home safe.
I love the new picture of sam. She is adorable.
I know exactly how you feel. Girl's Camp was the first time we've been apart for so long. We need to get together soon. End of Summer/Back to School BBQ?
Post a Comment