Father's Day was spent Jason's parents house this year, with Janna and her family. We had a nice time hanging out and, as usual, the cousins had so fun being together. I made these mini-bbq brownie cupcakes. I cooked the brownies too long, but I think they turned out pretty cute. I love doing stuff like this, but usually don't have the time.
Rory and Mackenzie are so cute. Mackenzie is a couple months older than Rory, and so is much more mobile. But these two got a kick out of looking at each other.
Samantha helped me shop this year for Jason. I felt it was only right. After all, he is her dad. We went the traditional route this year and got J a couple ties and a new dress shirt. Samantha initially wanted to buy a WHITE tie. Yep, nixed that one pretty quick. I picked out a black tie, while she picked out a nice blue one. She did a pretty good job in the end, considering I had to steer her away from not only the white tie, but the pink one (J - not a fan of pink), and the puke green one. Jason loved them all and happily wore the blue tie with the new blue shirt on Father's Day. And of course, the day would not be complete without a big breakfast of eggs, sausage, pancakes and hash browns. Needless to say, he was one happy daddy. Jason is really such a wonderful father. One that does so much for his girls. He is so involved in their lives and we try very hard to work together as a team for our girls.
2 comments:
I love those brownies! They are so cute! What a fun idea. :)
There must be something in the air. Kim (Layne's wife) put up pictures of the SAME cupcakes on her blog! (I don't know if you read it or not, but I thought it was pretty cool.)
Post a Comment