Friday was my last day of work in my long-term sub assignment. I have to admit I loved seeing all my co-workers again. They are seriously such a wonderful group of people that work so hard to give their students their best. And, some of the teachers are moms as well, or hoping to be moms soon and they have to face the pressures of being a working mom. I have been where they are, and it is not an easy position. They struggle with the reality that they can't be everything to everyone all the time. That when they are at work, they must put on their teacher "hat" and when they are at home they must put on their mom and wife "hat."I could go on and on, but I won't. The point being that it is a very tough decision to make to stay home when it is becoming a lost art being a stay-at-home mom.
A perk about not working is that I get to spend more time with Sam, and I get to go to the gym!I got a membership at the gym around the corner, so that I only have to walk around the block to get there. Come to find out, that my friend from church is also a member at the same gym. She takes her boys to the Kid's Klub while she works out. I thought, "sounds great, but I doubt Sam will go for me leaving her with strangers for an hour." But, I threw caution to the wind, knowing that I NEED to exercise. I took Sam for the first time on Monday. I even showed up 20 minutes early thinking that she was going to need an "adjustment" period. Well, I ended up waiting on the couch out in the lobby while Sam was loving her new surroundings. She walked right in and never looked back! So nice!! Because of this great success, I have worked out every day this week and am loving it! My workout buddy, Jenni, is amazing and she really motivates me to show up. Our class yesterday was great, and the instructor popped in some 80's music. I felt very much like I was sweating to the oldies with that. I wanted to put on my leg warmers, tease my hair, and have neon colored leggings on.
Even though I stopped teaching, I started babysitting in the afternoon. It's nice because I can take Samantha with me, and I get to watch my niece and nephew. They all have a great time playing together. It does get tough at times because they are not used to having a two-year old in the house, getting into all their cool toys that Sam just destroys. I'm trying to get Sam not to touch everything, and trying to get the kids to understand Sam a little bit more. All in all, we are having a goo time together.
Jason's birthday was on Monday. Yeah! Jason's mom babysat while we went to lunch at Macaroni Grill and saw the movie, Vantage Point. It was so nice to be out with Jason. We hardly get to do anything by ourselves (welcome to parenthood) so we value the time we have together so much! Our waiter was this huge, body builder with braids down his back. He had dark skin, but bright blue eyes (we debated on if they were colored contacts or not). He sang Happy Birthday in Italian to Jason, and it was amazing. To see this huge man, with such an amazing voice and flamboyant personality was such a dichotomy. We had fun though. The movie was good too. Not fabulous, but fun to watch.
5 comments:
Yay for the new post. Sam looks so adorable. I'm glad you have found a workout buddy. Sam is so brave to go into the daycare with no complaint. That's great! I am so excited for your visit, but I am sad that Sam isn't coming. I never get to see the girl. Anywho, answer my other question. What happened to Jason's post?
i am so with you on the sweating to the oldies. when i realized we were listening to debbie gibson i almost burst out laughing...what the heck?
Jason's post....ahhhh...I tried to get him to leave it alone. But, he would not listen. If you saw the post while it was up for a very short period of time, the font was all jacked up. It started out okay, but then, the font kept getting bigger and bigger. I said, "who cares? post it anyway." But, Jason being Jason, refused to leave it alone. In the end, he ended up deleting all the pics and the text. I'm tempted to write about the Tour of California myself just so everyone can see the pictures he took, and that he got to see some pretty famous cyclists. Poor guy, he even stayed up late in the night trying to fix it. Obsessive much?
Why does sweatin' to the oldies remind me of girls' camp?
Are you a member at Golds? Is this BodyJam that you are talking about? I LOVE my bodyjam class at our gym. Good job getting to the gym everyday. I wish I could do that.
Post a Comment