Friday, March 14, 2008

Disneyland...Finally









I feel like I have not been to Disneyland in a long time (even though I was there a few months ago). But, anyway, I got together with some girlfriends and their kids to have a fun-filled day at Disneyland. The funny thing about Disneyland is that it is supposed to be the happiest place on earth, but you always see kids throwing fits! Mine was no exception. We are waiting to get on the Storybook Canal ride when Samantha starts crying, throwing herself on the ground kicking and screaming. She saw that some woman in line was holding a bag of chips and she lunged at them. My every so observant friend said that Sam was probably hungry and offered a granola bar for Sam to eat. I was so grateful...Sam took a bite, and then promptly gave it right back to me. You see, this granola bar was a oatmeal raisin granola bar, not a chocolate chip one. And, well, you know, chocolate chip has to be the only granola bar that will satisfy my little, picky eater. You would think that beggars can't be choosers, but my daughter is a chooser. She continued to fuss as I apologized to all around me within ear shot. A nice man in front of me said, "I've been there before. It gets better." I was very appreciative that he was in front of me in line and not some snob that does not understand children.

Despite this tantrum, and the one that continued pretty much for 20 minutes, we had a fun day. Samantha did not like the Buzz Lightyear or Roger Rabbit ride. I think that they were too loud for her. I will continue to take her on these ones so she can get used to them. She loved the teacups and the boat ride for Storybook, as well as Dumbo. We made it to California Adventure, but Samantha fell asleep walking between the two parks. It actually worked out well, because I left to pick up Marina and Maika from school and I got there right on time. Samantha loved having all her friends to play with at Disneyland. Definitely, we will have to do it again!

3 comments:

Maryann said...

What a fun day! Kimberlee really misses Disneyland. She was so spoiled when we lived there being able to go all the time. Now she asks every time we go to California if we are going to Disneyland. Too bad our passes expired but I think I am going to take her for her birthday anyway.

Rees Family said...

I am not going to comment on how jealous I am that you went to Disneyland because I am so not a Disneyland fan. I know, weird. Anyhow, Samantha is the cutest and I totally understand the meltdowns. I'm right there with you. I'm counting down the days til you come. Yay!

just jen said...

good pictures...

i am ready to get back to the gym, how about you?