Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Disneyland in June?! and other Random Stuff

So, this is a super late post, but things got crazy around my household after this...
We were given some passes for Disneyland California Adventure and decided we better go before it got too crowded. Well, it was still pretty crowded, but Samantha had a great time.
I like the Flik ride...minus the going around in circles thing.
These two don't care about going around in circles over and over again. They like it.
She was super happy going on the bumper cars with me in the morning, but....

a few hours later when we did all the rides again (remember, there aren't too many rides at California Adventure)...she was none too happy. She fell asleep shortly after getting off with Jason. Can you tell Jason is none too happy himself?

The following week we got free passes to Disneyland. Sam was, once again, totally excited. I was shocked to find out that Jason had never been on Dumbo or Casey Jr. or Mr. Toad...EVER. What the heck? He did grow up in So Cal, so what is his problem (I kept saying that to him each ride I found out he had never been on). Samantha deciding that this face is the best picture taking face.


Since Samantha was tall enough, we took her on The Matterhorn. I had not been on it in years and did not remember that it went THAT fast. She was excited, up until the ride started by going into a pitch-black tunnel. I covered her ears the whole time (she's a little sensitive) but I should have covered her eyes too...from seeing the YETI. After the ride, she cried and wanted to know what that monster was. Jason for sure thought that it went too fast for her to see the Yeti. I asked her what color the eyes were and she yells, wearily, "RED!" She kept asking if the Yeti would come out of the mountain. She was appeased when I told her that it only lived in the mountain at Disneyland and he would never, ever, come out. Ok people, lesson learned.

We finally got new carpet and flooring in our kitchen. Samantha and I decided to go to my parents house while Jason dealt with it. These are the lovely piles of our stuff that Jason (with some help from his dad) moved around while they worked on the place over a few days. Upon our return, the smell was atrocious and things were not totally organized, but I love, love, love the new flooring! No more gross spots on the carpet from water (this carpet was old!!!!) and no more stepping over the metal stripping where the carpet was pulling away from (kids learned fast not to step on that, or their feet would bleed...yikes).

As I have been organizing like crazy, getting ready for the new Fall semester and this new baby, Samantha has loved having me pull out baby stuff to check the condition of everything. She fell asleep in this CLEAN papasan (I found it on the side of the road) with her blanket, and a box full of her stuffed animals. She woke up pretty annoyed because half her body fell asleep in this thing. She learned her lesson not to sleep in a seat meant for a baby!

And an update on me: after a trip to the ER and an additional week spent at my parents house in Vegas due to that ER visit and car trouble...baby GIRL and I are doing great! The ER visit was due to my incompetent physician not checking me for an infection that was bugging me for months...YES...months. I've since switched doctors and got the infection (which turned into a UTI as well) under control. Baby girl is healthy and kicking around all day. Now...just to find a name. We have no girl names ready, so are trying to look through name books. None that I chose seem to fit into what Jason wants. I finally told him that he is the one to find the name then, and I will just veto or approve it. Picky man.

3 comments:

just jen said...

i think you wrote this post on purpose...to make me feel bad for moving away from you!!

i miss disneyland so much!

i am excited to see you next week, you have to come to my parent's house...will jason be with you? talk to you soon!

Brooke Morgan said...

Glad you had fun at disneyland. We haven't gone in a long time. No free tickets for us....

Can you go on the kid rides being prego?

I'm glad you're better.

Rees Family said...

Disneyland! So fun. I can't believe all the super fun things you do with that sweet girl. You are such the super mom. Can you come train me? I can't wait to see you in August. I really would like some better pics of the actual flooring please. You know how much I love stuff like that. That Sam is a cutie. I'm still thinking you should go with Olivia. Lova ya.