Saturday, August 1, 2009

Utah

We took a chance to visit family and friends in Utah. My parents were up that same time, which happened to be my mom's birthday. Scott and Kristine hosted a party for her. My mom had a great time, enjoying some of her favorite treats: Suzy Q's, Sweet Pickles & Milk, and Baskin Robbins Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (we did not however feature all of her favorites, which also include burnt toast and mustard bread---that's a slice of bread with yellow mustard smeared on it---don't knock it until you try it!) For posterity's sake, from left to right we've got Nick Roberts, Samantha, my mom, my cousin Ben (in the back) Scott, Kristine (due Oct. 8) and in the front, 2nd oldest boy to my third oldest brother (for those of you who know my family you can figure that one out)

Katie, who was visiting her family as well for one brother's homecoming and another brother's farewell, came to the party as well. She and Noah are moving to AZ soon. I will miss her dearly...we have been friends since birth. She's the type of friend that can finish your sentences and read your facial expressions with such accuracy!!!

The party was in the clubhouse and Scott's complex, complete with pool table and two flat-screen TV's. Notice the kids watching the one with cartoons and Jason watching The Tour De' France.

A trip to Bridalveil Falls in Provo Canyon was perfect! Playing in the icy-cold snow melt and skipping/throwing rocks was just what we needed.

The youngest in the line of five for my third oldest brother. She looks just like him...she's sooo adorable.


The oldest from the same brother. He's such a sweet boy.

After the Falls we headed to J-Dawgs south of BYU campus. Their hot dogs were soooo good. And that special sauce, definitely was special. It's the little red building where the travel place used to be and a snow-cone place used to be. We saw a sign that said J-Dawgs bought a building close by so they can expand.

Jason took us up to Alpine at Adonis Bronze, where he used to work. Sam enjoyed looking at the animal bronze sculptures they had. In this picture she was "feeding" the dog and then proceeded to pick its nose. Nice.
Jason was able to visit one of his best friends in Ogden and go for a bike ride. He brought me back some wildflowers...what a nice guy.

All in all, we had a fun time playing games with family and getting a chance to see friends that just happened to be visiting at the same time. We miss everyone there and are reminded how much "outdoorsy" stuff there is to do in Utah. The appeal was there to maybe move there (or someplace with the same outdoor appeal) someday (if only their job opportunities were better). On the way back home we stopped at my parents, where Sam stayed for a couple of extra days with them. She loved spending alone time with them, but did miss being at home with us. Jason and I were able to get a lot done in such a short amount of time. Thanks Mom and Dad!!

7 comments:

Rees Family said...

What a fun trip? Everyone in your family looks so dang similar. Love it. You look great, by the way. I'm so excited for Katie to move here. You'll just have to come and visit.
That place at Scott's complex was soooo nice. We need one of those for our subdivision. I'm thinking I'll bring it up at the next HOA meeting. Yeah right.
You look great. Sam looks great and is growing like a weed. Keep posting pics. It makes me feel like we are still connected even living so dang far away. :(

Cristian & Suzanne Tomasetti said...

I cry for family time...I miss you guys so much. We have to figure out this distance nonsense.
I like your hair and your face looks so fresco and porcelain-y. Are you one of those pregnante models?

Brooke Morgan said...

You look wonderful It is so beautiful there. I feel the same about moving if the job opportunities were better. How lucky for you guys to get a few days alone. I'm jealous...

Laura said...

How fun! I can't believe how much your family has grown! It's fun to see pictures of your parents and some of the grandkids. You look great too by the way! I love your hair cut! :)

Debbie Cluff said...

That was SUPER FUN to see you!!

Rees Family said...

Time for a new post and update please!

Rees Family said...

I am needing an update!!!! Get on it!