Friday, December 19, 2008

Did You Miss Me?

You would think after not posting for a long time that I would have lots of pictures to post, but that is just not the case. I have been too busy to take many pictures.

This is Samantha playing in the snow at my Aunt's house in Utah. We were there this week for my cousin's wedding. She was married in the Salt Lake Temple, and her reception was at the Springville Art Museum. Her husband, Blake, is a graphic artist and so having the reception in a museum was very fitting. Although, much time was spent trying to not have the little kids touch the artwork. They had bundt cake from "Nothing but Bundt Cakes" and hot chocolate. Very simple, and the cake was soooooo good. There was also an air band that played two songs. I have no pictures of that because we left before that started, but my cousin, Caprene, has pictures, so check out her blog! The temple was amazing and I had a great spiritual experience there. I have a true testimony of how close we are to heaven in the temple and to those that have past on already.
For Thanksgiving we went to my parents house. My brother, D, and sister-in-law, S, and little S, drove through on their way back from Utah. Sam and Little S played together so well. This is them at the "park." They got a bunch of stuff and drug it into my parents room.

They are "sleeping"

They are learning the ways of Mahjong early.

We went to see Christmas lights at Ethel M chocolate factory in Vegas. We went here last year too, and again, Sam had a hard time getting into it. I don't know if it's all the people, or the fact that she has to stay on the pathway. Not sure.

4 comments:

Rees Family said...

Cute pics. I'm glad you were able to get a little vacation time in before Christmas. Was it freezing up there? We're headed there on the 25th and I'm thinking I'm going to freeze my hiny off. I'm ready for a trip to CA. Miss you.

Caprene said...

I love that you are teaching them Mahjong!!!!

just jen said...

well, yes, i missed you.

i am so sad to know that you were so close to orem, and i wasn't there to hang out with you...or my family.

i would have even braved the snow...i think!

Maryann said...

We have to get together when I am in California to chat and let the girls play. It looks like you had great trips and Samantha is just adorable! I can't believe the girls are already 3. Where does the time go?