Wednesday, April 27, 2011

February


Samantha participated in her first school jog-a-thon. She raised money (thank you family!) so our school can provide more supplies and assemblies to the student body. She did so great! I was able to leave my classroom for a brief moment to run a lap with her and snap some pictures.
Below is her taking a bathroom break. She ran 9 laps, but was not the top runner by one lap. She informed me of this fact at the end of the day, followed by saying, "if I didn't have to go to the bathroom, I would have been the fastest runner!" She was very upset and has vowed to run more next year.


Since the students raised over $12,000 this year the principal dressed up like Justin Bieber and sang on the roof. I was one of the back-up dancers. Pictures were taken, but I will never let those see the light of day on this blog. However, they are plastered up on the wall of the office. Sam thought it was hilarious that I was dancing to Justin Bieber. I did it for her, really.

Due to President's Day, Sam had a sleepover with her cousins. It was pretty funny. The girls had to travel all the way next door for this event. :) They all had a great time, but woke up before 6 am! Ugh!

My talented sis-in-law was able to take some pictures at New Year's and I used it for a Valentine's e-card. Rory was not so cooperative and this was the best one of the two of them. Kristine was sooo patient!

And Rory, feeding herself yogurt. Do not attempt to feed the animals. I mean, my daughter. She is very independent and wants to do it herself!

2 comments:

Kjelstrom Family said...

Rory is such a sweetheart! She is getting so big. And way to run Samantha!

Becca said...

So that's what that money was for! I'm pretty sure I remember Sam telling me that it was to go in her envelope. ;) SO cute.