Sam had a great, low-key, birthday party this year with just cousins. I made an octopus cake, which turned out ok...the mold was fun, but dang....frosting that thing was hard! Sam loved it though!
Below, the kids are fishing for little paper fish where they would take their "catch" to the older cousins who would exchange the fish for candy. The fish were pretty small, so they really had to work out their technique!
The party was at Jason's parents, so it would not be complete without a little handy work. The Thomas cousins are used to this sort of thing, but my for my side of the family, this was a new experience. No fingers were smooshed or bodies harmed in the nail hammering that went on.
The birthday girl. After the party, she said, "that was soo much fun, mom!!" Hard to believe she is four already. Next stop, Kindergarten!!!!!
4 comments:
AWESOME cake! You threw such a fun party...and at 9 months preggo, you win the GREATEST mom award! Nice work!!
Happy birthday sam. It looks like it was fun and a lot of work. I don't know how you did it being prego and all. You are super woman...
Happy Birthday Sam!!!! It seems like yesterday you were pregnant with her.....and now here comes her sister!! Congrats!!
Man, I can't believe Samantha is 4! Looks like a fun party. And I hear you about those mold cakes. I did a castle on for Katie's 1st b-day and it was cool, but crazy hard to frost! :) Your octopus turned out great! :)
Post a Comment