Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ballet...Love it/ Hate it!

Sam is taking a ballet class through the city. She was all pumped up about it...until she actually had to follow directions. The first day was great, but every other time since, she has hated most of it. She does not want to listen to what the teacher is telling her, and will often run to me complaining! I am trying not to put too much pressure on her, but would also like her to really give this a try. I think there may be a few things working against us: 1. the teacher does not bother to learn the girls names. This make it difficult when trying to tell Sam to adjust her form, because the teacher just points and says, "you need to move your legs like this..." How is Sam suppose to know the teacher is talking to her. 2. Sam gets embarrassed rather easily. She does not take criticism well...from anyone. 3. ballet is a bit slow...I think Sam needs something maybe more active, like soccer or gymnastics.
When I asked her if she wanted to go to ballet this week, she said, "No, I don't like it. I don't want to go." Let's see what happens on Wednesday. I'm wanting her to give it one more try. We've gone a total of five times and she still can't make it all the way through one class!!!

4 comments:

Maryann said...

I hear you. Temple City has a combo class of tap, ballet, and gymnastics which is what I have Kimberlee in here. It breaks up the class. Stinks about the teacher though. People should not be allowed to teach children if they aren't going to be warm and fuzzy and learn their names. We lucked out in that department with Kimberlee's dance teacher and now we are coming along with ballet. Can't wait to see pictures of that new baby! I cannot believe it is already time for her arrival. Miss you!!!

just jen said...

look at her cute haircut! it is so sassy!

Brooke Morgan said...

She's adorable. My kids are the same way. Tayler cried with soccer this year. by the time it ended, she had fun. Every kid is different. Good luck.

She looks cute in her outfit though...

Montgomery Family said...

Jeanette, I just read your comment on Jennifer's blog and saw that you are naming your baby girl Rory and I just had to hop over to your blog and tell you how much I love that name. (wow that was the longest sentence ever!) Rory Thomas sounds so cute! Good luck with your last few days!
-Karen