My niece, Little S, turned 3 last week.My brother and sister-in-law (D & S) threw a themed party: A Bee in the Garden. They never disappoint with their parties. S's dad drew this scene on stretched canvas and mailed it out to them (granted he lives in the midwest!!). The kids got to paint the canvas, and had a great time! Dora ended up with blue hair while the owl turned into a peach-like color.
My brother made the best cake! S got a beehive cake mold, and they made a Lemon Pound Cake, without the lemon, and D put Nutella drizzling over the top. It was served with whipped cream and either raspberries or strawberries. The raspberries were the best, and went perfectly with the nutella topping!
D made balloon hats for the kids (this guy can do almost anything!) The kids also decorated cupcakes that were also yummy with a strawberry marcapone (I know that is not spelled correctly, but is pronounced marz-ka-po-nae) frosting. Sam just wanted to eat the sprinkles atop her cupcake.
A wagon ride was given after presents were opened. Little S was very annoyed with Sam during present time because Sam wanted to "help" Little S open her presents. Little S was having nothing of it (as is her birthday girl right) which resulted in many tears from Sam. Fortunately, the wagon ride with the presents lifted Sam's spirits.
After all the guests left, my family stayed, along with one of my brother's old mission companions. All the cousins, plus the son of the before-mentioned mission companion, got in the tub. This boy was in heaven bathing with four little girls (you can see it all over his face). It was funny watching them try to maneuver in there. Funny to note, the wife of the mission companion is a cousin to the Huff's (for all you Pasadena Stake people).
My parents came down from Vegas for the festivities. It was great seeing them. My dad was tired of being cooped up in the house and wanted to see his grandkids. The trip took a lot out of him, but we were so happy they made the trek!! Grandma was a fan favorite. ALL of the kids, whether they were her grandkids or not, called her "grandma." It was so stinking cute. I'm sure she was tired from all the attention, but I know she loved it too! We can't wait to visit them for Thanksgiving!!!!
4 comments:
so much fun!
i love when kids pile in the bath tub together...reminds me of the good old days!
What a fun party. Where do people come up with this stuff? I'm lucky to have cake and ice cream. What fun for the kids. I love the bathtub pic. Put them all together while you can I say.
What a cute party. That mural is amazing! I'm sure the kids loved it! I hope you are feeling better. That Sam is getting cuter and cuter. Could she look any more like your dad? Crazy!
Wow, that is a party theme idea I'll have to remember... how cute, I love it!!! You documented it so well and I'm glad you did, it was run reading all about it! I didn't realize D&S lived in CA now. Fun!
Post a Comment