Saturday, February 21, 2009

No Nap + Gymnastics + Birthday Party = Grouchy Town

The day started off with a trip to the donut store before Sam's trial class at gymnastics. She chowed on her donut, and headed into Payke's. She was a bit nervous meeting the coaches and getting started, but she warmed up very quickly. As she was doing her warm-ups she had a huge smile on her face. In actuality, that smile stayed on her face the whole time. I, of course, forgot my camera, but if we sign up for classes I will have plenty of opportunities to take some shots. The hardest part of the class was leaving. When the older girls started warming up, she wanted to stay with them. I literally picked her up kicking and screaming. What a way to go out and what a way to make a not-great impression on all the parents and coaches that were looking on.

Later in the day today we headed for Ally's birthday party. Sam has so been looking forward to this, but her attitude today has been driving me crazy that if I wanted her to do anything, I had to bribe her with the party. Needless to say, she was a crouch at the party. She did not want to share anything and did not want to follow any of the rules. Like, getting in line to wait her turn, go out of the game of musical chairs when she was out, not wanting to wear her own clothes, wanting to open Ally's presents for her...the list goes on. I was so embarrassed by her behavior. All the other little girls, which were one to two years older than her, were looking at her like she was weird because she was freaking out a lot of the time. Seriously, is my daughter one of those kids? Gosh, I hope not, but with the way she has been acting lately, it looks as if she is going that direction. I know that part of her nastiness can be blamed on the lack of nappage today, but come on! I love my little Sam, but my gosh!!!! She is such a trial at the same time!


Birthday girl rockin' out

These guitars were one of the many things Sam was not wanting to share. Argh!

Oh ya, the clothes she came in did not last long. This little number was thrown on about 20 minutes into the party. And, in true Samantha style, she had to strip in order to put the dress on...which was on until I forced her to take it off because she was not about to wear it home!

Most of the latter part of the party was spent in the front yard catching butterflies.

Cute tootsies!

And this one has nothing to do with anything, but after the days I've had with Sam lately, this one just makes me laugh and remember that I chose to be Samantha's mommy...and that's just what I want to be.

4 comments:

Brooke Morgan said...

We had fun today. Sam was just fine. She is adorable and reminds me a lot of Haylie. Haylie spent half the time crying because she wanted to be next to aly. Go figure. What's a mother to do? It was fun talking with you. We should do it more often.

Rees Family said...

That sweet Samantha could never do a thing wrong. It must be her mother. :)
Hey, are you seriously considering coming out here for Spring Break? I have a bracelet waiting for you if you do. :)
Love ya.

Lisa said...

Jeanette, its the age. She'll grow out of it in about a year. Comforting, until you read the "year" part, huh? I'm hoping Michael will grow out of it soon. Just remember you're the mom, you're in charge! Her hair is getting really long and pretty!

just jen said...

that party looks like it was so much fun!

and don't worry about the moodiness, i have been suffering over here about connor and his craziness lately, but little by little he is getting over it.

whew!

you will have to tell me about this "crouch" business. is that a cross between a grouch and a crabby person?