So, at the urging of Jennifer, I will post tonight, though there is not a whole lot to say. After Christmas break, I finally decided that she HAD to be potty trained. So, it took her about a week, of three accidents a day at school, and a few at home....but she is fully potty trained (except at night...so I guess that's not FULLY). No accidents at school or at home! YEAH! I am so happy to have her out of diapers. It's a strange feeling not having to carry a diaper bag with me all the time. She is doing much better in daycare. Mornings are still a little hard, but she doesn't cry anymore and she is always happy when I pick her up. My baby is not so much a baby anymore. Usually, when that happens there is another sibling to fill that void...not for us though. I will just have to relish in the time we have of no diapers.
Potty training has been our big focus as of late, so everything else seems like small potatoes. Jason feels the strong need to have our emergency preparedness stuff together, so we are actively working on that. Work for me, is...well...work. I love seeing my old friends and chatting with them. I love being back in the classroom and teaching; I really did miss it. But, I do not enjoy the fact that my class is SUPER chatty. Literally, 90 percent of the class are chatty kathy's. I cannot get them to shut up! They get recess taken away, table points taken away. For positive reinforcements, I give tons of table points to those rare tables that are actually NOT talking, and give candy to those students who are paying attention and following directions. I praise up and down those that ARE listening...and still....talking! I could go on and on about that with this group. One thing though, at least, is that other than talking, there are really no major problems. I count my blessings on that. And, it really is hard for students when their regular teacher is gone. Yes, I taught many of these kids in Kindergarten, so I know them, but it is not the same. They depend on the consistency of seeing the same face all year long. I give them that....but not much more.
Jason started back at school this week for what is his final semester. He's doing a lot of research on various companies in various states and sending out resumes. We pray consistently that he will find a job, so I don't have to. We are finding that our lives are very busy and very stressful. It is difficult to find time to unwind from everything that is taking place in our lives, but we are doing our best with what the Lord has given us. We count our blessings as a way to remind us that our station in life will not always be this way. It has to get better, right? Eventually, Jason has to find work, and eventually, we will have more kids...right? We do what we can, but we have to be flexible in listening to what the Lord wants for us to do. It's just soooooo hard sometimes. So, sorry I haven't posted since Christmas, and sorry this one is not all that exciting. I can't say that the next post will be more exciting or have any pictures in it. I hope that it will. When we get Sam's school picture I will try to scan it on to the computer, but I make no promises. Sorry, Jennifer...this is all I've got!
8 comments:
Potty training is lame. I have jumped on and off that "train" about 3 times. Someday, Mei Li will be potty trained. I'm so happy for you that you're done with that for now.
We hope the best for you and your family in everything. Take care.
How great that Sam is potty trained now! I so wish that Jackson would be, but now just isn't the time, as much as I would like it to be. There is no way I'm going to do it and then have him regress because of a new baby and have to do it all over again. Right now I'm planning on Spring Break. And Mason might join in. He's definitely more ready than Jackson.
Most nights Jefferson goes all out and prays for his cousins, aunts, and uncles in addition to his immediate family so know that we are praying for you!
We love you guys!
Yeah for Samantha!!! Night training always comes later. I didn't even worry about it and when it happened it happened. I'm glad we were able to get together while I was in California. Keep me posted on all that is going on with your family and I hope Jason is looking in Idaho. :) INL had some jobs that are along the lines of what Jason is studying. Just a thought. We are thinking of you.
No need to apologize for that post. It was very informative and extremely honest. You guys are going thought a lot right now. You WILL get through this and you WILL have a steady income with more kids to potty train. :) I wish so badly that I could take away all of your trials, but obviously they are teaching you some pretty important things. You are so strong, such a hard worker, and an extremely positive person. You are a GREAT mother and you will be an even better mother to the 14 more children you ARE going to have. I love you and miss you guys so much. I told Craig just last night that I NEED to get to LA to see you. It's definitely my turn. I'll let you know when I come up with a date. As for the gray tape, it's in my tape player. :) As for the bracelet....? Sorry. J/K It's coming!!! I was hoping I could hand deliver it one of these days. O.k. o.k., I'll mail it.
potty training...ugh!!
do i have to go through it...again?
i don't know, i am just not ready to go there yet!
good for you though, you have done something major. you should probably reward yourself with some pinkberry. and get an extra serving and eat it for me. thanks.
Congrats on getting Sam potty trained. That's not an easy task. I really should potty train Jacob, but I'm lazy and don't want to. Janna had said you were working again and that Jason is graduating. That's awesome.
Glad she's potty trained. I know it's tough. Hope things get a little easier soon. If you ever need to get out and eat dessert, don't hesitate to call!
Congrats on the potty training wonder! She was so fast. It was so good having lunch with you a few months back. Life is such a beast some times, but you are right...you do the best with what the Lord gives you. Remember that in the scriptures it always "came to pass" not "came to stay". You will look back at this time in your life one day and smile at all you are learning. Until then, you are doing an awesome job!
Post a Comment